Friday, August 22, 2008
















Yes I know I am a slacker...it's been a long time since I have done a blog

and I am sorry. This blog is about Farmville and family. We went to Farmville not too long ago, and I have to tell you- I love my in-laws. I'm not just saying that in hopes of them reading this some day. But I really think they are great. Don't get me wrong, I love my own family too- but my mother once told me that....your own family knows that you love them- but your in laws you always need to show them- so they remember you love them. Something that is not hard for me to do. My own parents are very opinionated and always want to know whats going on, in a loud, sometimes frustrating way. And they will tell you whether you want to hear it or not. My inlaws however, seeing as they don't have the loud Greek thing- keep very much to themselves- and also keep thier opinions to themselves-unless asked to give an opinion. But even then- they are careful how they respond- whereas, my family could care less- they will call you a dumbass to your face until it sinks in your brain that you truly are a dumbass for whatever stupid choice you just made.....so now that I have Willie= and Logan is nearing his teens- I often sit back and take it all in..the things Logan and Will get to learn from both families. Hopefully they will grow up to appreciate family- and everything that comes along with it: love, fighting, screaming, hate, forgiveness, and friendship. Now that my mother is gone- I realized I didn't appreciate her as much as I should have until she was gone- but she really was great- and as I got older- she was a friend too. I am lucky though- My family is large and crazy and everything that I said above. I am also lucky to have two sets of parents who are great. There is nothing better than being able to go to Farmville and enjoy a lunch out with my mother in law. I hope that at some point my sister in law....will realize how great it is to have two great sets of parents and bring herself and Ella out the next time we go there for a visit.


P.S. I didn't mention my friends much...but thats because they also fall into the family category(you all know who you are).

2 comments:

Liz and Kurt said...

So... you're saying that Todd's parents aren't loud and opinionated like you are, but they are calm and laid back like Todd? No way. I like my in-laws too, they deserve medals after putting up with us during the move. Good blog, now write another one and let me know how Willy-wang is doing, the laundry can wait.

Liz and Kurt said...

New blog PLEASE!!! I want to see what kind of trouble Willy-wang is getting into these days